Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yaks have big horns

As you can see, Snort has a pretty good sized pair of horns on him. (In addition to the pink tongue.)

Today, I was reminded that respecting large animals is important. If you forget basic safety rules, you can get hurt. I was feeding Snort out of bucket whilst in the paddock with him, and he was being rude, so I took it away. He got mad and flung his head. In the process, he managed to catch under my coat and pick me up. (I'm not a small person; I don't get picked up a lot, so that was no fun.) There was a lot of yelling, and luckily I had a friend with me, to grab the big black stick of "bad yak". No, I didn't hit him with the stick, I just gesticulated and shouted and he ran off.

So, that was dumb of me. Never forget that yaks have big horns and are greedy with their food. Respect the yak!

No comments:

Post a Comment